Clarification

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2000
      After some conversation, off the list, I would
      like to clarify a misunderstanding misconstrued by
      the Units List that is now being managed by
      Michael Mathews
      mmathews@...

      The original title for the Units List was:

      ' Recreated Military Units that are
      represented on the 1812 (Onelist) eGroup '

      the list originally generated, was for the subscribers
      of the 1812 OneList, to know what Military Units
      were represented on the list, not what units existed in
      the area. This list in no way is a list of all the re-created
      1812 regiments.

      Also as noted, this List is open to all.

      On another note, subscribers have options
      as members of this eGroup.

      1. "Email Message"

      You will receive every email as it is sent

      2. "Daily Digest"

      You will receive a group of messages
      that were sent that day

      3. "Web only/no mail"

      You will receive no mail, but will be
      authorised to go to the List web site
      and read all email messages sent to
      this List

      4. "Unsubscribe"

      obvious .......

      So if you want any of these options
      go to:

      http://www.egroups.com/WarOf1812

      You could also go to this site to re-enter
      your profile, add your name, etc.

      Larry Lozon
      Assisant Moderator

    • mikebayham
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 19, 2004
        Gentlemen,

        I feel compelled to post a reply to a message board member's inquiry
        about my use of the term "blue blood", which does not apply to ANY of
        the people within the reenactment community.

        My reference was directed towards those societies who would prefer to
        mark the anniversary of the battle in a three piece suit instead of a
        period costume and who wish to associate with history because of
        status instead of education and raising awareness.

        All of those who make financial sacrifices to trek around the country
        and endure the elements in the celebration of historic milestones
        have my highest respect and admiration. Personally, I don't think I
        could make it one night sleeping in a tent even during a temperate
        Louisiana January.

        You provide a public service that is not recognized as much as it
        should be by the public, hence events like the kind held at Torres
        Park help raise awareness to history and those dedicated souls who
        bring it to life.

        As for my HM King George III comment, that was an attempt at humor to
        ease some of the acrimony I have read on this board. I hope for the
        most part it was taken as such as it was not meant to be a statement
        of disrespect.

        Wishing one and all a healthy and prosperous 2004.

        Mike Bayham
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 19 9:35 AM
          Some have accused me of being "a spokesman for 1812"

          May I clarify:

          a.) as Assistant Moderator of this WarOf1812 yahoo group I post to the
          regulations of this group always citing that
          Jim Yaworsky is the group owner. Most infractions are addressed by him
          and I only address infractions if he is
          not able or on his command.

          b.) as Aide De Camp to Deputy Adjutant General Peter Twist, Crown Forces
          North America, I post his dispatches as
          he dictates (as would the AdC) These dispatches are 'always' signed by
          Mr. Twist.

          c.) as a subscriber to this group and as a re-enactor since 1967, doing both
          USA and Crown Forces during that time,
          I have the right, as all subscribers do, to respond to comments posted
          to this group

          d.) as those who know me, are aware of my phraseology and adopting a
          statement of a learned person "life is to short"
          thus I say what I mean, no hidden messages. I do not speak 'down' but
          to the point.

          c.) as I do not say anything behind one's back that I would not say to their
          face it sometimes gets me into trouble

          e.) as emails do not show the facial expressions they tend to cause flaming
          and feuds. I usually take these ranting off
          this list and address the person on their personal email to maintain
          the serenity of this group.

          f.) as a reporter for SMOKE & FIRE NEWS I report what I see and hear.

          g.) as keeper of the WAR Of 1812 Events List, I post what was sent me or let
          others adjust, post and correct it.
          It was never 'MY' list. (My event list is much larger!)

          h.) and finally, if the truth hurts, so be it. I have been cut by the truth
          many times and have licked my wounds and
          moved on.

          "a spokesman for 1812" ..... not really ... I 'have' been doing this hobby
          since 1967 but always ask by betters,
          Mr. Pickles, Twist, Abolt, Henderson, Suthren, etc. what is correct for
          our time period.

          I have been in the same position in the American Revolutionary War time
          period as a Staff Officer in the British Brigade
          http://www.britishbrigade.org/army/units.html Therefore I have been told
          what is correct for the 1776 War and know that 1812 - 1815 is our time
          period.

          In Rev, the Umbrella Groups governs the Re-enactment Units, in 1812,
          the Re-enactment Units govern the Time Period.

          Units should pick a time between 1812 - 1815 and adopt this time for
          their troop's and women's impression.
          In my humble opinion.

          I hope this clarifies any misunderstands of Larry Lozon

          " I'd rather be Historically Accurate
          than Politically Correct "

          fin