Unit Listing

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 27, 2000
      Re: an "E"
      From: mmathews@...

      Adding Plauché's Battalion under US Militia.

      Mikey: since you did such a good job adding
      to the Units list ........

      YOU WIN THE PRIZE !!!!!!!!!!!!

      The coveted prize

      is

      maintain

      the

      Units

      List!

      Would you please take this honour on
      and after the likes of Walter,
      you could clean up the list and re-post it
      so we could save it in our files.

      All in favour ?!?!?!

      Passed unanimously !!!!!!

      Three cheers for Mikey

      hip hip ........

      hip hip ........

      hip hip .........

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 27, 2000
        Re: an "E"
        From: Jim Keigher <jim@...>

        Larry,

        The UNIT was the Corps of Canadian Voyageurs, formed in October of 1812.
        Our Re-Enactment Society is called the Canadian Corps of Voyageurs, formed
        in December of 1975.

        If you would be so kind as to show us a re-created unit, the Corps of
        Canadian Voyageurs, instead of under our society name.

        I believe this is also a task for the honorable member from
        Winona State University

        but James,

        also lose 10 points and have a detention
        because the instructions were not followed,
        you were instructed to
        just

        DO IT !

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 27, 2000
          Re: an "E"
          From: Stephen Allie allies@...

          Please allow me to add the 14th Light Dragoons and
          the US Light Dragoons (same unit two names) ....
          ______________________________________

          Stephen go stand in the corner,
          YOU DIDN'T ADD the 14th INTO THE LIST !!!

          see Michael,
          the job you have volunteered for
          is a heavy task!

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 18, 2001
            A question Michael ---

            "should not 1st & 2nd USA Artillery be in the same area?"

            Recreated Military Units that are represented on the 1812 Onelist

            Great Britain
            _________________________

            Royal Navy
            Royal Marines: 2nd Battalion
            _________________________

            Army Staff
            _________________________

            British Cavalry

            14th Light Dragoons
            15th Light Dragoons (Hussars)
            19th Light Dragoons
            _________________________

            British Infantry

            1st Foot Guards

            1st (Royal Scots) Regt of Foot
            8th (King's) Regt. of Foot
            9th (East Norfolk) Regt. of Foot,
            21th (RNBF/Scots Fusiliers)Regt of Foot
            23rd Regt of Foot
            37th (North Hampshire) Regt of Foot
            41st Regt. of Foot
            49th Regt. of Foot
            73rd Regt of Foot
            89th Regt of Foot
            93rd (Sutherland Highlanders) Regt of Foot
            95th (Rifles) Regt of Foot

            10th Royal Veteran Battalion

            Royal Engineers
            ________________________

            Foreign Regt's in British Service

            De Meruon's (Swiss) Regt
            De Watteville's (Swiss) Regt
            _____________________

            British North American Regulars

            Royal Newfoundland Fencibles
            Canadian Fencibles
            Glengarry Light Infantry Fencibles
            __________________

            Canadian Provinical Corps

            Canadian Voltiguers
            Michigan Fencibles
            __________________

            Canadian Embodied and Sedentary Militia

            The Incorporated Militia of Upper Canada
            1st Regt. Kent Militia
            The Forces of Lord Selkirk
            Corps of Canadian Voyageurs
            Norfolk Militia Heritage Regiment
            Thomas Anderson's Company of Mississippi Volunteers

            U.S.A.
            _______________________
            American Army
            _______________________

            1st U.S. Light Artillery
            _______________________

            American Cavalry

            US Light Dragoons
            Kentucky Light Dragoons (Militia)
            _______________________

            2nd U.S. Artillery
            _______________________

            American Infantry

            1st US Inf
            4th US Inf
            7th US Inf
            8th US Inf
            17th US Inf
            19th US Inf.
            25th US Inf.

            1ST Regt. of Rifles
            Missouri Rangers
            _______________

            American Militia

            5th Maryland
            Jackson's Lifeguards
            Tennessee Volunteers
            West Tennessee Militia
            Plauché's Bttn. of Uniformed Militia
            __________________

            US Navy

            Ships Company
            Gun Crew, USS Carolina
            Marine Detachment, USS Constitution
            _______________________

            French Army

            21e Régiment de Ligne
            Régiment Irlandais
            _______________________

            Non 1812 Units

            1st Queensland (Moreton) Regt 1887-1891
            Queensland Scottish Volunteer Corps 1888
            Queensland Permanent Force 1896

            Mathews -- Winona State University

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 4, 2001
              From: "Peter Catley" <peter.catley@...>

              We're not! Both the NA and IX Regiment are based in
              Her Britannic Majesty's United Kingdom of Great Britain
              and Northern Ireland

              Yep n' they's got accents too! :^)

              Larry from Canada
              41st regt. of Foot
              http://fortyfirst.tripod.com

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 3, 2002
                  From: "MR. MATHEWS" <ciefranche21e@...>

                  Recreated Military Units that are represented on the 1812 Onelist

                  A fine job Mr. Mathews, especially for one who is a French sympathiser!

                  Thus, it may be nice to list the Napoleonic presence as well, nes cafe'?
                • cl_1873
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 4, 2002
                    Just a slight correction. Under British Provincials, the Lincoln
                    Militia will be out in a force of three this season.

                    Calvin Arnt.
                    Captain, Lincoln Militia 1st Reg't.