Re: napoleonic reenactors

  • Diana M. Sluhan
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3 7:46 AM
      Homer, didn't he write some sort of travelogue? :)
      diana

      Subject: [WarOf1812] Re: napoleonic reenactors
      Author: <WarOf1812@onelist.com > at inetgate
      Date: 3/3/99 9:26 AM

      From: NINETY3RD@...

      In a message dated 02/3/1999 5:53:27 PM, bashore@... writes:

      >To Benton,
      >The Sunday battle at Fort Erie has always been the American attack on
      >the British batteries. We portray the portion of the siege where the US
      >forces take the batteries but are counter-attacked and sustain heavy
      >casualties.

      Umm, yes, I know.....I may not get there every year, but the 4 or 5 times I
      have been there I *have* been awake, especially when I commanded the Brits
      that one year....
      Methinks, as has been pointed out here many times, we need to look at what is
      being said -- the use of a quote quite clearly pointed out as by *Homer
      Simpson* should clearly indicate that we have just witnessed **humor**, farce,
      wit, a JOKE.

      Or maybe Homer is just way to subtle...?
      ;-)

      Look! That was the use of a wink symbol! I must be dead serious if I just
      winked, huh?

      Oh! That was sarcasm! Gad! What a little dickens am I! Spank me someone --
      quick! And do it haaaard!

      Benton - everything I say is a lie - Jennings

      Start a new hobby. Meet a new friend.
      http://www.onelist.com
      Onelist: The leading provider of free email list services
      The War of 1812: In Europe, thousands fought over the fate of hundreds of square
      iles: in North America, hundreds determined the fate of THOUSANDS of square mile
      .
    • Steve Hartwick
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3 9:28 AM
        Something about touring Greece and Turkey with women named Helen. ;)

        Steve

        _________________________________
        >Subject: [WarOf1812] Re: napoleonic reenactors
        >Author: <WarOf1812@onelist.com > at inetgate
        >Date: 3/3/99 9:26 AM
        >

        >From: NINETY3RD@...
        >

        >In a message dated 02/3/1999 5:53:27 PM, bashore@... writes:
        >

        >>To Benton,
        >>The Sunday battle at Fort Erie has always been the American attack on
        >>the British batteries. We portray the portion of the siege where the US
        >>forces take the batteries but are counter-attacked and sustain heavy
        >>casualties.
        >>

        >Umm, yes, I know.....I may not get there every year, but the 4 or 5 times I
        >have been there I *have* been awake, especially when I commanded the Brits
        >that one year....
        >Methinks, as has been pointed out here many times, we need to look at what
        is
        >being said -- the use of a quote quite clearly pointed out as by *Homer
        >Simpson* should clearly indicate that we have just witnessed **humor**,
        farce,
        >wit, a JOKE.
        >
        >Or maybe Homer is just way to subtle...?
        >;-)
        >
        >Look! That was the use of a wink symbol! I must be dead serious if I just
        >winked, huh?
        >
        >Oh! That was sarcasm! Gad! What a little dickens am I! Spank me someone --
        >quick! And do it haaaard!
        >
        >Benton - everything I say is a lie - Jennings

        >Start a new hobby. Meet a new friend.
        >http://www.onelist.com
        >Onelist: The leading provider of free email list services
        square
        >iles: in North America, hundreds determined the fate of THOUSANDS of square
        mile
        >.

        >New hobbies? New curiosities? New enthusiasms?
        >http://www.onelist.com
        >Sign up for a new email list today
        square miles...