Thanks for your views

  • Sean
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 1998
      I must say that I pretty much agree with Mr. Fuller on his views of Sharpe,
      Book or TV series. They are nothing more than entertainment and therefore
      SHOULDN'T be viewed as any threat to real hitsory. Some might argue that
      misinformation is bad information and it shouldn't be spread but I think if
      it gets someone to become interested in history then they should soon be
      able to tell the real from the not so real...

      What frightens the hell out of me are that there are some who call
      themselves serious reenactors out there that use these books as a viable
      source of history.

      It's not the Sharpe series that any of us to be fearful of but those that
      can't distinguish between obvious fact and fantasy.

      Cpl. Sean Hirst
      Royal Newfoundland Reg't, Light Company