American Regimental Affiliation

  • R. Feltoe
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2000
      Dear All,
      I've got a question for anyone with details of American Regiments and those
      who fought at Lundy's Lane.

      Lieutenant Le Couteur (104th Regiment) makes the statement in his Journal
      that after the battle concluded his regiment was placed on the hilltop where
      he provided assistance to the American wounded, he then stated "... Close
      by me lay a fine young man, the son of the American General Hull. He was
      mortally wounded, and I gave him some brandy and water..."

      My question is, does anyone know of the regimental affiliation for this
      American officer? I believe his grave is in the cemetery at Lundy's Lane
      and perhaps there is an indication on the stone, but if anyone has the info
      to hand I would be grateful for the details.
      regards
      Richard Feltoe