Re: Farbs = Unsafe?

  • Stephen Allie
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2000
      --- In WarOf1812@egroups.com, "Roger Fuller" <fullerfamily@s...>
      wrote:

> [...]
      years and I have never seen any revolvers, all my men, who made up
      50% of the mounted troops last year not only had the proper flintlock
      pistols but musketoons as well. I can also say that I never saw any
      of the Kentucky Light Dragoons (the only other group on the
      field)equiped that way either. If my people are being classified as
      ACW cavalry I would challenge anyone to to check out our kit from our
      uniforms, accoutrements, tentage or handmade saddles. Last year we
      resorted to sabres when our flintlocks failed in the rain.

      Stephen Allie
      USLD
      14th LD