Stoney Creek

  • Tracy Forsyth
    Message 1 of 90 , Jun 4 8:51 PM
      Well we went to Stoney Creek,it was great,we were entertained all
      day and the battles were EXCELLENT.

      The kids always seem to enjoy the night time battles a bit more
      because the special effects and they can see the gun fire better than
      in the day However both battles were well done.
      And the kids now know about Billy Green and more about Tecumseh .The
      shooting contest and sewing contest were a lot fun.

      Thank you to all re enactors for giving up your time to be there we
      certainly appreciate your efforts!!!

      It was great to meet some fellow list members and a special thank
      you to Mark for the Pierre Berton book.
      Since we couldn't be there today for the reinterment service,we
      took the kids to Smiths Knoll and I explained what was going to
      happen Sunday and read the plaques.
      We watched the news coverage on channel 11 and it was a pretty long
      segment,they showed the service I wish I was there.
      Once again THANK YOU for this entertaining and educational weekend.

      Jake and I caught War of 1812 (1998)on TVO tonight we watched the
      last 3 episodes.Should I have recognized any familar faces?
      Tracy
    • Craig Williams
      Message 90 of 90 , Apr 13
        Hey there everyone!

        It's that time again. Stoney Creek is coming on June 6th and 7th.
        Registration is up on the Stoney Creek website,   http://www.battlefieldhouse.ca/reenactors.asp   .

        Battlefield House is holding their customary "History in Action" day on Thursday (no school on Friday) and would like to have some re-enactors to help.
        If you're able to help please contact Susan Ramsey.

        There will be the customary battles and entertainment and there will also be the Cast-Iron cook off on Saturday with prize money going to the winner and on Sunday the Musket fire Eliminator with a powder and flint prize!

        Please register at your earliest convenience!

        See you there,

        Craig Williams