Stoney Creek Update

  • R. Feltoe
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2000
      Dear All, (I SENT THIS OUT LAST NIGHT BUT IT SEEMINGLY FAILED TO APPEART ON
      THE LIST SO HERE IT IS AGAIN)
      I've just got back from the site having laid out the lines for he encampment
      and what a difference a week makes.
      Susan says thanks for all of those who sent their E-mail replies, there are
      now nearly 400 registered.

      NB flushies will be in operation tomorrow and there is water on tap BUT
      since these are brand new connections, I would strongly recommend bringing
      some drinking water (If you don't already) of your own, as the lines have
      not been used long enough to be completely flushed of any solder or other
      material from the installation.

      According to the Local Press there will be an honour guard from Arlington
      Cemetery, Artillery Salutes, pipe bands Representatives of the British Army
      and the usual BS politicians

      Susan is also desperate to get hold of an American colour for the purpose of
      having both a Union and American colour officially paraded on Sunday
      morning. Anyone with a formal regimental colour of the 1812 'Stars and
      Stripes' should seriously consider bringing it out.
      Regards Richard