Re: [WarOf1812] Stoney Creek

  • JESSE PUDWELL
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2000
      Rob,

      centennial Ave
      left into the city of stoney creek
      through about a million stop lights until you come to the last one before
      the escarpment
      turn left
      280 feet on your right
      is the entrance to the "show"....
      ...saturday night, be there by 1900 hrs
      be sure not to stand by the road...it can be deadly!!hahaha
      sunday...be there by 1300

      p.s. thanks for the "plug"

      cheers,
      sgt pud

      >From: Rob Taylor <niagara_falls_98@...>
      >To: WarOf1812@egroups.com
      >Subject: [WarOf1812] Stoney Creek
      >Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 10:53:11 -0700 (PDT)
      >
      >When driving up the QEW from Niagara what would be the
      >best cut off to the Stoney creek site? What times are
      >the battles also? Thanks to anyone with this info.
      >
      > Rob
      >

      >=====
      >War of 1812 Website: http://members.tripod.com/~war1812/

    • Raymond Hobbs
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2000
        Tracey:
        It was good to meet you and your family at Stoney Creek. Jake looked the part of a young soldier. It was wonderful to see and hear of such deep interest in the
        period from a young lad like Jake.
        I also enjoyed the week-end - apart from dying once on Saturday, and then again on Sunday! - and it is good to see interest in this important conflict growing.
        Sincerely
        Ray Hobbs
        Pte. 41st Regiment of Foot