Re: [WarOf1812] Re: Seeing to shoot

  • lee caripidis
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2000
      Oh dear Marilyn, I'm afraid I must agree with an earlier correspondent
      and respectfully disagree with you on this one. You are on a 'slippery
      slope' here. I recall a former member of a 'period' shooting club which I
      belong to. He was a fine shot, a scholar and builder of fine American
      longrifles and had an acceptable frontier outfit of clothing , ....
      ...BUT, he refused to get out of his aviator framed glasses or to
      remove his Timex wristwatch from his wrist. Said it didn't affect his
      shooting so he wouldn't budge. Didn't care what it looked like to others
      or in photos. Sadly, he's no longer with us in the club and all we have
      are the photos with the jarring inconsistency of those aviator frames to
      remember him by. Although I haven't done it, personally, ( I have both
      19th c. originals and 18th c. repro frames), I like the idea of contacts.
      I might even try them one day.