Re: [WarOf1812] Stoney Creek

  • Raymond Hobbs
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2000
      Rob:
      Take Centennial Parkway exit and drive south (i.e away from the lake). You will go past Barton St., Eastgate Mall, Queenston Road, and then continue south along CP
      to King Street. Turn left at King Street, then immediatly right into Battlefield Park. And there you are.
      I believe the Saturday battle is at 2.00 pm, although some think at 3.00. The Battlefield House site has no times for the battles listed. Sunday I think is at 2.00
      also.
      Ray Hobbs
      1/41st Regiment of Foot

      Rob Taylor wrote:

      > When driving up the QEW from Niagara what would be the
      > best cut off to the Stoney creek site? What times are
      > the battles also? Thanks to anyone with this info.
      >
      > Rob
      >
      > =====
      > War of 1812 Website: http://members.tripod.com/~war1812/

      > http://im.yahoo.com/

    • JESSE PUDWELL
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2000
        Rob,

        centennial Ave
        left into the city of stoney creek
        through about a million stop lights until you come to the last one before
        the escarpment
        turn left
        280 feet on your right
        is the entrance to the "show"....
        ...saturday night, be there by 1900 hrs
        be sure not to stand by the road...it can be deadly!!hahaha
        sunday...be there by 1300

        p.s. thanks for the "plug"

        cheers,
        sgt pud

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2000
          Tracey:
          It was good to meet you and your family at Stoney Creek. Jake looked the part of a young soldier. It was wonderful to see and hear of such deep interest in the
          period from a young lad like Jake.
          I also enjoyed the week-end - apart from dying once on Saturday, and then again on Sunday! - and it is good to see interest in this important conflict growing.
          Sincerely
          Ray Hobbs
          Pte. 41st Regiment of Foot