Re: [WarOf1812] Marilyn's Specs.

  • Scott Jeznach
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2000
      >Meanwhile, I say again that it's better to be period incorrect around the
      eyes than to accidently injure your neighbour.

      >As for modern glasses, I don't agree, there were 300 men in line during two
      movie shoots, none of us were able to wear glasses and no one was injured!
      >I wear whiskey shot glasses, but if you know the drill it will be safe.

      Gotta agree with you on this one Brother Larry. Nothing is worst than
      someone in any period uniform and modern glasses. Why bother with the rest
      of the uniform?

      Frankly, I think there are to many reenactors wearing period spectacles.
      Spectacles in this period were utilized for reading and other sedimentary
      work. The average person couldn't afford them.

      Unless there are no sanitary facilities to clean my hands, I usually wear
      contact lenses during the day. I encourage others to do the same.

      Scott J.
      Royal Marines