Marilyn's Specs.

    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2000
      From: Marilyn Penner <mpenner@...>

      ...tell me where in Toronto I can get a pair of new lenses into even my old modern wirerims. Maybe there's a little old spectacle maker somewhere within TTC range; ....Guelph is too far away and the States is even farther, especially when I must purchase bus tickets to get there.

      Meanwhile, I say again that it's better to be period incorrect around the eyes than to accidently injure your neighbour.

      Marilyn : Put your glasses and prescription in a box and mail it to Chatham Ontario. There is a littler old glass guy here that will do it for you. If the
      glasses fit you can stay home. It will cost you less that taking the TTC!

      As for modern glasses, I don't agree, there were 300 men in line during two movie shoots, none of us were able to wear glasses and no one was injured!
      I wear whiskey shot glasses, but if you know the drill it will be safe.