Request information

  • Rob Taylor
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 26, 1999
      I have a request from someone seeking information on the where abouts
      of William Henry Harrison's army on or about Nov 1812?

      Rob Taylor

      ==
      War of 1812 Website: http://members.tripod.com/~war1812/
    • Paul W. Schulz
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 26, 1999
        Rob,
        In Nov of 1812 Harrison's Army was in three groups. The bulk of the
        regulars were at Fort Defiance about half way between current day Toledo and
        Fort Wayne (in a straight line). A second group was in Urbana and a third
        group from Virginia and Pennsylvania were working their way up the Sandusky
        River. Movement was slow due to the unusually warm temperature and Harrison
        halted all further advances until the roads had frozen later in the year.
        Paul
        >I have a request from someone seeking information on the where abouts
        >of William Henry Harrison's army on or about Nov 1812?
        >
        > Rob Taylor
        >

        >==
        >War of 1812 Website: http://members.tripod.com/~war1812/

        >Did you know that we have over 85,000 e-mail communities at Onelist?
        >http://www.onelist.com
        >Come visit our new web site and explore a new interest
        square miles...
      • Rob Taylor
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 27, 1999
          Thanks Paul for the information on Harrison'a Army.

          Rob
          ==
          War of 1812 Website: http://members.tripod.com/~war1812/
        • JESSE PUDWELL
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 28, 1999
            Paul,

            With which of the three groups was Harrison himself?
            I have been scanning my archival materials and can find no reference to
            tell me or indicate where he was? Any concrete idea?

            Jesse
            GLI

            >From bounce-warof1812--1237-sgtpudgli=hotmail.com@onelist.com Fri Feb
            >From: "Paul W. Schulz" <pwschulz@...>
            >To: <WarOf1812@onelist.com>
            >Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 23:34:19 -0500
            >Subject: [WarOf1812] Re: Request information
            >
            >From: "Paul W. Schulz" <pwschulz@...>
            >
            >Rob,
            > In Nov of 1812 Harrison's Army was in three groups. The bulk of the
            >regulars were at Fort Defiance about half way between current day
            Toledo and
            >Fort Wayne (in a straight line). A second group was in Urbana and a
            third
            >group from Virginia and Pennsylvania were working their way up the
            Sandusky
            >River. Movement was slow due to the unusually warm temperature and
            Harrison
            >halted all further advances until the roads had frozen later in the
            year.
            >Paul

            THOUSANDS of

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 28, 1999
              Paul,

              sorry, I closed that first note too quickly...was Harrison infact with
              the third group? All I've been able to locate is a communication from
              harrison to Gov. Shelby dated Jan 24, 1813. It is when he is at the camp
              at "Carrying Rock" 15 miles from the rapids following the "u-know what"
              battle..........but, in November of 1812, was he in only one position
              waiting for the ground to freeze up? and where was he?

              Cheers
              Jesse
              GLI
              Chippawa, UC

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 28, 1999
                Jesse,
                The information that I have states he was not with any group but was
                floating between the three. It would appear however that he spent most of
                his time with the group near Urbana.

                square miles...