The Siege at Fort Erie

  • Rob Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 1999
      Sean:
      I just read through Donald E. Graves account of the Siege at
      Fort Erie. You said you had some radical views on this subject. After
      reading the accounts given in this book it would seem the Americans
      clearly came out on top. From the explosion of the bastion to the
      sorties on the British gun positions. (even though heavy casuaties,
      but on both sides for the latter) It would also seem that General
      Drummond was growing tired of the war. (and for good reason) And the
      fact that the U.S. forces were still in the fort when Drummond moved
      back to Chippawa says alot. It's just my opinion, I really do not know
      as much as many of the people on this list. But I find it a good
      learning experience. I'm just wondering what your views were? Anyone
      care to voice an opinion?

      Rob Taylor

      ==
      War of 1812 Website: http://members.tripod.com/~war1812/