Re: [WarOf1812] British Dragoon Pistols

  • lee caripidis
    Message 1 of 3 , May 9, 2000
      Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but Kennedy is no longer in the
      pistol kit business, as of his announcement published in the most recent
      issue of "Muzzleloader Magazine', (May-June,2000); p.4. Scuttlebut is a
      serious illness.
      On a more positive note, last year I purchased a 1735 Brit. Heavy
      Dragoon pistol built from original castings by the Rifle Shoppe, by John
      Bosh,155 McKeon Dr.; North Attleboro, MA 02760 ; 1- (508) 695-3548
      Please be sure to tell him that I (Lee Caripidis) referred you.
      The pistol is a beauty. He made this one into a sea service type by
      making a brass barrel and adding a belt hook. He's currently working on a
      Long Land pattern "Bess" and a 1717 French musket for me as well as his
      newest line, a 1735 sea service "Bess" for a friend. He does fine work.

      On Tue, 9 May 2000 20:39:47 -0400 "Larry Lozon" <lalozon@...>
      writes:
      >RE: ---- Original Message-----
      >From: Stephen Allie <allies@...>
      >
      >British Flintlocks, any other sources?
      >try Kennedy Firearms at:
      >http://amaty.com/artisans/kf.htm
      >
      >10 North Market Street
      >Muncy PA
      >USA 17756
      >(570) 546 - 6695

      >Get paid for the stuff you know!
      >Get answers for the stuff you don�t. And get $10 to spend on the site!
      >
      >The War of 1812: In Europe, thousands fought over the fate of hundreds
      >of square miles: in North America, hundreds determined the fate of
      >THOUSANDS ofsquare miles...

    • lee caripidis
      Message 2 of 3 , May 10, 2000
        I just got back from Mansker's Station, in TN, where I spoke with Danny
        Caywood and saw his beautiful small French pistols. They are currently
        the only pistol he has for sale. No military. They are priced in the
        $900. range depending on smooth or rifled bbl.