Re: [WarOf1812] Fw: British Service Small Arms

  • MAXINE TROTTIER
    Message 1 of 5 , May 9, 2000
      That is interesting. Do you use plain paper for your cartridges? Some of our guys use reproductions of period newspapers. I have run off paper for Bill with thousands of Vive Le Roi! in script running across it. Looks neat scattered all over the field.

      Max
      Maxine Trottier
      maxitrot@...
      http://www.execulink.com/~maxitrot/maxine.htm

    • Len Heidebrecht
      Message 2 of 5 , May 9, 2000
        Max,
        Generally a fairly heavy brown almost construction paper was used, but frankly, that is REALLY tough on the teeth. A good, unprinted newsprint seems best.
        Len
        --

        On Tue, 9 May 2000 16:34:32 MAXINE TROTTIER wrote:
        >That is interesting. Do you use plain paper for your cartridges? Some of our guys use reproductions of period newspapers. I have run off paper for Bill with thousands of Vive Le Roi! in script running across it. Looks neat scattered all over the field.

        HotBot - Search smarter.
        http://www.hotbot.com
      • lee caripidis
        Message 3 of 5 , May 9, 2000
          If I may, ...I have found the almost shiny brown paper which SMALL paper
          sacks are made of, but NOT the heavy brown paper of shopping bags, to
          serve best for paper cartridges. Strong, but easy on the teeth.
          Lee.

        • BritcomHMP@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , May 11, 2000
            In a message dated 5/9/2000 3:40:10 PM Central Daylight Time,
            maxitrot@... writes:

            << That is interesting. Do you use plain paper for your cartridges? Some of
            our guys use reproductions of period newspapers. I have run off paper for
            Bill with thousands of Vive Le Roi! in script running across it. Looks neat
            scattered all over the field. >>

            Officially manufactured British cartridges came in plain paper of two colours
            white for live rounds and blue for blanks (practice, firing parties, etc.).

          • BritcomHMP@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , May 11, 2000
              In a message dated 5/9/2000 11:15:43 PM Central Daylight Time,
              lheidebrecht@... writes:

              << Max,
              Generally a fairly heavy brown almost construction paper was used, but
              frankly, that is REALLY tough on the teeth. A good, unprinted newsprint seems
              best.
              Len >>

              Or then of course one could also use cartridge paper instead (now why would
              they call it that I wonder :-)).