Re: [WarOf1812] Military humor

  • Scott Jeznach
    Message 1 of 6 , May 9, 2000
      Another version of this when I served in the US Army is:

      The most dangerous thing in the Army is a Second Lieutenant with a compass
      and a map.

      Scott J.
      Royal Marines

      >THE FIVE MOST DANGEROUS THINGS IN THE ARMY:
      >
      >A Private saying, "I learned this in boot camp...."
      >
      >A Sergeant saying, "Trust me, sir..."
      >
      >A Second Lieutenant saying, "Based on my experience..."
      >
      >A Captain saying, "I was just thinking..."
      >
      >and a Warrant Officer chuckling, "Watch this s**t..."
      >
      >Michael Mathews
    • Craig Williams
      Message 2 of 6 , May 9, 2000
        Or an Intelligence officer with a medics satchel?!
        Love Craig
        PS Thanks for your watchful eye at the drill Saturday!

        >The most dangerous thing in the Army is a Second Lieutenant with a compass
        >and a map.
        >
        >Scott J.
        >Royal Marines

      • Len Heidebrecht
        Message 3 of 6 , May 9, 2000
          How about:
          Cpl "I know a short cut sir,"
          Quartermaster Sgt. " No bullets till yew have the proper authorization"
          RSM " If you need me I'm in the Mess,"
          Adjutant "Oh put it on the desk, I'll get to it later,"
          Colonel " Give it to my Adj, he can do it,"
          General "It'll be over by Christmas,"
          Chief of Defence Staff,"Obviously my people were wrong,"
          Prime Minister, " Well der, we needs 80 t'ousan' U.N Peacekeepers an' we only gots 72 t'ousan'personnel... no problem..."
          Mess Steward " Try this sir. It'll help..."

          Len (the ex-Adj)

          HotBot - Search smarter.
          http://www.hotbot.com
        • DM Carpenter
          Message 4 of 6 , May 10, 2000
            Len Heidebrecht wrote:

            > How about:

            > Quartermaster Sgt. " No bullets till yew have the proper authorization"

            Best said with a Welsh accent? *G*

            Dave

          • BritcomHMP@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , May 11, 2000
              In a message dated 5/10/2000 5:10:57 PM Central Daylight Time,
              viking04@... writes:

              << > Quartermaster Sgt. " No bullets till yew have the proper authorization"

              Best said with a Welsh accent? *G* >>

              Or perhaps a 'Warwickshire' accent? :-)

            • DM Carpenter
              Message 6 of 6 , May 11, 2000
                BritcomHMP@... wrote:

                > In a message dated 5/10/2000 5:10:57 PM Central Daylight Time,
                > viking04@... writes:
                >
                > << > Quartermaster Sgt. " No bullets till yew have the proper authorization"
                >
                > Best said with a Welsh accent? *G* >>
                >
                > Or perhaps a 'Warwickshire' accent? :-)

                Apologies for the nit which you had to pick, Your Grace. *G*

                Dave