smallest re-enactment

  • lee caripidis
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2000
      My submission for the smallest re-enactment' though not technically a
      're-enactment' per se, took place several years ago when I was attending
      an event at Ft.Meigs in Ohio. During a lull in the late
      afternoon I invited a friend who hadn't seen it yet to accompany me
      across the Maumee river to visit the site of the Battle of Fallen
      Timbers. We found the site a few miles away and entered the parking lot,
      empty except for one other vehicle. We formed up, smart in our summer
      uniforms, and slow-marched the long walk to the beautiful granite and
      bronze monument. A lone woman sat at a nearby bench. After circling the
      monument slowly we came to attention, loaded muskets, quietly and in
      absolute synchrony brought them up and to whispered commands fired a
      salute. We then silently turned,circled the monument again and
      slow-marched back the long walk to the car, leaving the woman staring
      open mouthed as we drove away.

      "Pvt.Elias Nichols".