RE: FAC for powder (Canadian gun law)

  • tlubka@pathcom.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2000
      Sean,
      You asked a very good question. Right now as I understand it the laws on ammunition storage and purchase are poorly written. Because as you know it's guns that kill not the bullets!!! ;-)Currently you only need some sort of I.D. (ie. drivers license) to buy. If the government is proposing a change then I have not heard anything on this. If they are then that would put a damper on some reenactors. I personnally own other firearms so I must have an FAC, which is changing to a FPC soon. When I took my safety coarse the instructor (who used to be a government official) stated that the only thing the current gun laws state about ammunition is that you cannot store it with your firearms (unless the firearms are properly locked up, like a vault or cabinet).
      Maybe Jesse Pudwell or Richard Feltoes can add some insight.
      What I find scary is the people you said you talked to at the firearms center. A reenacting license? Really scary...

      Now for all you people commenting on the next Sharpe novel, keep up the good work. I'm enjoying your wit tremendously!!! ;-)
      Here's something for you guys & gals. National Lampoon wrote a parity of "Lord of the Rings". Wouldn't it be great if someone did it for the Sharpe novels?

      Terry.

      .