Wasaga Under Siege/Miller Worsley Flottila

  • seascoutleader
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 20, 2014

      A very great HUZZAH to Dave Brunelle and the full cast of RNR members who put on such a great event.

      While it took me two days to dry out, there is nothing anyone can do about the weather.

      It was a great weekend and our Sea Scouts and Venturers from the 65th Toronto Group had a very memorable event taking UNITED into battle.

      Special thanks also go to Commodore Tom Hurlbut and his crew for helping organize the Miller Worsley flottila from Meaford to Wasaga.

      While some parts were cancelled due to horrific sea conditions on Georgian Bay, doing demonstrations for the public at Meaford and Thornbury was very stimulating to our group of newby re-enactors from the 65th.

      Sailing Master Hunter

      65th Toronto Sea Scout and Venturer Group

    • Brian Rollason
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 21, 2014
        Hi I just wanted to let the group know that I started a War of 1812 Relics page on Face Book.....I'm not too sure how many are on it but I thought for those who are it might be of interest.  The page I designed is best viewed from my albums..they are divided up into area of interest.  The link is below.   I am also always looking to buy original items..

        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Relics-of-the-War-of-1812/723180297748025#_=_

        Brian Rollason

      • a10rca
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 21, 2014

          Absolutely!

          A great event all around.   Generous, friendly and fun.  The scale of the event and the area of land and water covered during the entire week was incredibly impressive.

          Thanks again to Dave and crew.

          Jim

          11th U.S.