RE: [WarOf1812] Sharpe end of the stick

  • Jim Yaworsky
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2000
      <snip>Okay, returning to England to be part of the Rifle Corps the transport is
      taken by the allied fleet and Sharpe is stored aboard the French flagship.
      While becoming grudging friends with a sympathetic character (French of
      course) he learns something about the nature of sailing and the fleet's
      mission. As battle is about to be joined he escapes and makes his way to
      the fighting tops. Just as the Buccetaur (spelling wrong, sorry) is about
      to cut across the Victory's stern and rake her, Sharpe detonates a cache of
      grenades that effectively takes the wind out of her sails. As the two
      ships drift together Sharpe becomes embroiled in a hand to hand struggle
      with the nice officer described above and as usual kills him. He then
      begins to pick off marines, getting a misfire at the critical moment Nelson
      is shot. Thereby failing to save England's second great hero of the
      Napoleonic Wars. (He's only human after all.) Dropping to the main deck
      he takes a swivel gun and disrupts a determined looking boarding party
      about to sweep across the Victory's decks, doing such a bang up job that no
      one realizes the peril they were in, and therefore make no mention of it in
      the offical history. {pant, pant, catching my breath)

      God, I've read too many of these literary masterpieces.<snip>

      Jim says: damn my eyes, Michael: this is good stuff! Seriously! I bet the book will not be any better!!! Or... have you somehow had access to an early copy of it????

      Jim

      Voice: (507) 285-7585 Fax: (507) 280-5568
      "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the
      opportunity in every difficulty." - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

      Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
      1. Fill in the brief application
      Apply NOW!
      http://click.egroups.com/1/2646/4/_/501103/_/954868336/