Buying black powder in Canada

  • Sean
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2000
      I forwarded my question to The Canadian Firearms Centre as directed by
      Larry and as previous experience with these folk indicated I am still left
      in a somewhat grey area.

      The first person I spoke with couldn't answer the question at all as she
      didn't understand why my Brown Bess fell under antique weapon laws. The
      second person asked me if I had a licence to reenact (maybe they're
      planning some more regulating that we don't know about! ;-< ).

      The third person, after a lengthy hold, told me that as long as we had
      proof that we were using the powder for reenacting purposes we didn't need
      a licence. What constitutes proof of reenacting is something she couldn't
      answer

      This is the reason why I posted to the list.

      I hope this clears it all up for those of you who had similar questions.

      Séan