New Member in NW Ohio

  • trooperpayne
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2014

      Hello! I am a new member from Fremont, Ohio. I recently relocated from California where I did Civil War Reenactment in a Union mounted cavalry unit. I have always been interested in reenacting the War of 1812, but none in California! I am looking for a Crown unit in NW Ohio or SE Michigan. Any help would be appreciated!

      Thanks!

    • robmcg60@rogers.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4, 2014
        Good Morning Trooper Payne

        I'm Rob McGuire from the 1st Regiment of Foot, The Royal Scots, Grenadier Company in SW Ontario.  Please email me using robmcg60@...

        Regards,
        Rob McGuire
      • Thomas Payne
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 2014
          Hi Rob!
            Thanks for the reply! I checked out the website, and your regiment looks great! I would really like to be able to come Ft Erie this, weekend, but unfortunately I cannot. Please keep in touch with me as to further events your unit will be at. I would love to come out and meet everybody.
            I was in a mounted cavalry Civil War unit in California. I resigned after about 10 years of reenacting with them. My biggest concern I have about getting into reenacting again are the people in the unit. The unit I was in was great for a while, then politics got involved. I don't mean politics in regards to government, but in the unit itself. It got so bad, that it was no longer fun to participate. I had risen to the rank of 1st Sergeant of the mounted company. As you well know, being a reenactor yourself, I had a lot of money tied up un gear. Not to mention I purchased extra horses to equip the unit. As you can see, Im a little gun shy about getting into this again, but I do love history and did enjoy reenacting. I would like, with your permission,, to come to some events and just hang out with the unit and see if we click.
           Thank again & I look forward to hearing more from you!
          Thomas Payne

          On Monday, August 4, 2014 10:52 AM, "robmcg60@... [WarOf1812]" <WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Good Morning Trooper Payne

          I'm Rob McGuire from the 1st Regiment of Foot, The Royal Scots, Grenadier Company in SW Ontario.  Please email me using robmcg60@...

          Regards,
          Rob McGuire

        • Matt Lanteigne
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4, 2014
            What?!?!? Politics in reenacting???

            ;)

            Matt

            --
            Matt Lanteigne
            AKA - Lorny or Magnus
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 7, 2014
              Trooper Payne.

              Thanks for your response and I appreciate your answer.  Sorry that you can't join us at Fort Erie.  A number of our Royal Scots from Illinois are joining us there and you could have met them.

              Please email me at:   robmcg60@...   so we can continue this conversation.  I hope that we can work something out.

              Cheers
              Rob McGuire

              http://www.royalscotsgrenadiers.com/

              Upper Canada Military Re-enactment Society

              1st Regiment of Foot,
              The Royal Scots
              Grenadier Company