Mackinaw Island 200th

  • Michael Mathews
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 24, 2014
      I'm coming to the event sans unit. Any group of Redcoats willing to adopt a de Watteville straggler? I'll just be doing the Monday activities.

      Michael Mathews

      Sent from my iPhone
    • Tim Pickles
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 24, 2014
        Michael, and anyone else going to Macinaw 200, I would like to alert you that a friend of mine, Semmes Favrot, from New Orleans will be there, he may or may not be in uniform but if he is he will be dressed as a US Staff officer and representing his direct ancestor Philogene Favrot who fought in the battle. Philogene's original coat is extant and some of you mat have seen it in the Louisiana State Museum, though in contradiction to the label on it (and to Semmes frustration at incorrect labeling) Philogene was not at the Battle of New Orleans but helping prepare the defenses at Mobile. I don't know if he got his measures to Steve in time to have his uniform for the 200th but in uniform or not I know you will make him very welcome on the field where his ancestor fought 200 years ago.

        All the best,

        I'm coming to the event sans unit. Any group of Redcoats willing to adopt a de Watteville straggler? I'll just be doing the Monday activities.

        Michael Mathews

        Sent from my iPhone
      • gary beauregard
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 24, 2014