RE: [WarOf1812] Sharpe's Trafalgar

  • Bateman, Andrew
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2000
      Tim wrote:

      When did adhering to historical logic ever hold Cornwell back?!!!
      presumably he is (in 1805) either a private of the 33rd or Pvt or NCO of the

      95th how he gets either one of those to Trafalgar will be interesting to
      see.

      Andrew: I'd count on him getting conveniently detached from his unit just
      in time to wind up there. Remember how he left the army after Napoleon's
      abdication but still got to Waterloo as a member of the Prince of Orange's
      staff!

      Tim wrote:

      Also I assume they will be using Sean ('am not wearin' that shako) Bean 10
      years older than he was in the first series which was set in 1808!

      Andrew: I don't think they're making a movie just yet. After all, Sean
      Bean will be busy in NZ for a while making "The Lord of the Rings". (He has
      been cast as Boromir, if you want to know. Should be interesting...)

    • Wernke, Greg (US - Hermitage)
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2000
        Sharpe will actually be trapped by the evil Dr. Frankenfurter and be
        imprisoned in a suspended animation chamber to be forgotten until the London
        blitz when a way-ward German bomb accidentally activates the re-animation
        sequence and revives Sharpe.

        He will wander around accidentally bumping into whats-his-name Stephenson,
        head of the SOE who instantly realizes he who he has. Sharpe is then
        parachuted into Germany, offs Hitler with his trusty baker rifle, destroys
        the SS Viking division, again with said trusty Baker rifle and escapes to
        Britton. He will then to be arrested for illegal possession of a firearm and
        imprisoned until the Mau-Mau uprising. Thus the next book.

        Greg

        Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
        1. Fill in the brief application
        Apply NOW!
        http://click.egroups.com/1/975/4/_/501103/_/954870937/
      • Jim Yaworsky
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2000
          <snip> When did adhering to historical logic ever hold Cornwell back?!!!
          presumably he is (in 1805) either a private of the 33rd or Pvt or NCO of the
          95th <snip>

          Actually, in "Sharpe's Triumph", he is commissioned in the 74th after Assaye. The Scotsmen don't like him. He won't wear a kilt. In "Sharpe's Fortress", he captures Gawilghur, and transfers in to the 95th. So, he'd be a Lieutenant in the 95th at the time of Trafalgar...
        • Craig Williams
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4, 2000
            Larry, you obviously haven't been around when anyone has mentioned Batman
            around me!!
            -">Y'know we don't pick Batman, Superman or