buying powder

  • Sean
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4 7:39 AM
      Although we (as reenactors) are exempt from most of the affects of these
      wonderful new gun laws that are being put in place by the Canadian
      government there is one that concerns me and that I have not seen addressed
      in any form... that of purchasing powder.

      I may have the dates wrong but I believe that as of Dec. 31, 2000 you will
      no longer be able to buy ammo without the accompaniment of the appropriate
      "government approved" documentation; ie. an FAC or FPC(?). Previous to this
      you needed only a drivers licence.

      So my question is this... Does a reeactor need to have an FAC (or other
      valid permit) to purchase powder?

      Wouldn't our government just be sitting so smugly if we could own muskets
      without registration or FAC documentation but not be able to fire them.

      Anybody have an answer that I'd like to hear?

      Séan