Re: [WarOf1812] Sharpe's Trafalgar

  • BritcomHMP@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2000
      In a message dated 4/3/2000 11:53:15 PM Central Daylight Time,
      yawors1@... writes:

      << t is supposed to be released sometime this year, but I thought it might be
      interesting to speculate on how Cornwell is going to get Sharpe to Trafalgar.

      When did adhering to historical logic ever hold Cornwell back?!!!
      presumably he is (in 1805) either a private of the 33rd or Pvt or NCO of the
      95th how he gets either one of those to Trafalgar will be interesting to see.
      Also I assume they will be using Sean ('am not wearin' that shako) Bean 10
      years older than he was in the first series which was set in 1808!

    • Len Heidebrecht
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2000

        On Tue, 4 Apr 2000 01:13:38 ninety3rd wrote:

        >Or is it..."Put the powder monkey in your mouth, spit him down the barrel..."?

        Oh, Benton THAT is discusting! You've been in Holywoodie too long. Everyone knows that the little buggers (all puns intended) are impossible to clean.
        Len

        HotBot - Search smarter.
        http://www.hotbot.com
      • viking04@sprynet.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5, 2000
        • viking04@sprynet.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 5, 2000
            WarOf1812@egroups.com wrote:

            In a message dated 04/4/2000 11:31:33 AM, gwernke@... writes:

            Damn! I wanted to see him spit bullets into the chamber of an Enfield!

            All is not lost. Brother Carnahan (sp?) does spit bullets into the fire in THE MAN WHO WOULD BE KING.

            (Just another attempt to take this topic even farther afield.)

            Dave