Re: [WarOf1812] Sharpe's Trafalgar

  • ninety3rd@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2000
      I can see it now...Sharpe teaching the tars how to load and fire their cannon
      with greater speed....

      "Put the ball in your mouth, ram the powder in, spit the ball down the
      barrel..."

      Or is it..."Put the powder monkey in your mouth, spit him down the barrel..."?

      ;-)

      In a message dated 03/4/2000 9:52:57 PM, yawors1@... writes:

      << Apparently the next book in the series will see Sharpie beat the Combined
      French & Spanish Fleet, and thereby get Lord Nelson out of hot water... any
      bets he will be the one to subsequently nail the Frenchman who shoots the
      Admiral?

      It is supposed to be released sometime this year, but I thought it might be
      interesting to speculate on how Cornwell is going to get Sharpe to Trafalgar.

      A stint in the Royal Marines, perchance?

      Or, captured by Frenchies or Spaniards on his way back from India, he somehow
      manages to get to Admiral Villeneuve and sabotage his plans, leading to the
      inept voyage from Cadiz (forges order from Napoleon?).
      And then, he will guarantee victory by sabotaging the guns of the "Allied"
      fleet by, say, substituting large quantities of black sand in to their
      cartridges?

      The possibilities seem literally endless... >>
    • ninety3rd@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5, 2000
        In a message dated 04/4/2000 11:31:33 AM, gwernke@... writes:

        << Sharpe is then
        parachuted into Germany, offs Hitler with his trusty baker rifle, destroys
        the SS Viking division, again with said trusty Baker rifle and escapes to
        Britton. >>

        Damn! I wanted to see him spit bullets into the chamber of an Enfield!