Sharpe's Trafalgar

  • Jim Yaworsky
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2000
      Yes - you read that Subject right!

      Apparently the next book in the series will see Sharpie beat the Combined French & Spanish Fleet, and thereby get Lord Nelson out of hot water... any bets he will be the one to subsequently nail the Frenchman who shoots the Admiral?

      It is supposed to be released sometime this year, but I thought it might be interesting to speculate on how Cornwell is going to get Sharpe to Trafalgar.

      A stint in the Royal Marines, perchance?

      Or, captured by Frenchies or Spaniards on his way back from India, he somehow manages to get to Admiral Villeneuve and sabotage his plans, leading to the inept voyage from Cadiz (forges order from Napoleon?).
      And then, he will guarantee victory by sabotaging the guns of the "Allied" fleet by, say, substituting large quantities of black sand in to their cartridges?

      The possibilities seem literally endless...

      Perhaps we could set up a contest... winner gets... a copy of the book!

      Jim