Campaign Furniture Class at Lee Valley, Vaughan, ON

  • seascoutleader
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2014
        For those who are interested and live near Vaughan, Ontario

      An Introduction to Campaign Furniture

      2 hours

      Saturday, April 12, 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

      For almost 200 years, simple and sturdy pieces of campaign furniture were used worldwide, yet this remarkable furniture style is almost unknown to most woodworkers. After 30 months of research across the globe, Chris Schwarz has finished the first woodworking book on campaign furniture and will present a visual introduction to the origins, forms and joinery of the style. You’ll also get to see a few campaign pieces up close.

      Fee: Free

      Christopher Schwarz is the former editor of Popular Woodworking Magazine and the author of Campaign Furniture as well as many other books on woodworking. Chris travels around the world giving lectures and workshops on woodworking hand tools. He is also an avid blogger, a contributing editor to Popular Woodworking, the founder of the Lost Art Press publishing company, the star of many DVDs on woodworking, and a family man.

      Seating is Limited
      Please register early to avoid disappointment.

      To register for the free ticket(s) call: (416)-746-0850
      Unless otherwise stated, previous experience is not required to participate
      in seminars and attendees should be 16 years old or older.
      Seminar tickets are not available online.
       In an effort to reduce waste, we encourage you to bring in
      your own coffee mug and/or refillable water bottle.
      We require that you wear closed shoes
      (e.g. running shoes) to all seminars.
      48 hours notice required for cancellation refunds.
      We reserve the right to reschedule seminars.
      Lee Valley Tools Ltd.
      167 Chrislea Road
      Vaughan, ON