Looking for Frenchies to fight ???

  • victor.eiser
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 30, 2014
      the Brigade-Napoleon cordially invite you to attend the June 27-29 2009 Grande-Tactique event at Old Bedford village PA. I know you have lots of American's to play with, but how many of you have had the delight of taking aim at a French Old Guard Grenadier, or faced a charge by French Cavalry ??? Don't worry, we also will have British Cavalry to give you redcoat infantry a hand!
      We are planning skirmishes for Sat & Sun, and a hopefully some dancing and entertainment on saturday nightFor more info check out http://www.brigade-napoleon.org/events/events_schedule.htm
      or our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/698675450145173/At this point in time, we would appreciate your feed back as to your unit’s possible involvement. As you can imagine, the Old Bedford village Historical society’s interests and publicity campaign make it necessary for us to have a good idea of the numbers or re-enactors which may participate.

    • gary beauregard
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 31, 2014
        That sort of thing may be very big, on the Continent  but this is the first time I have ever heard of such a thing being done here. Unfortunately, it is only a week after the Grand Tactical being held in Maryland. You'll need real hard core reenactors to come out for that.
[...]

      • Ed Seufert
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 31, 2014

          Why would we want to go back to 2009?

          We Prussians will try to accomodate you even though your event is the weekend between the 200th of St Leonards Creek (Jeff-Patt) and the 200th of Chippawa/Lundys Lane.

          Cheers

          Ed Seufert, Sgt
          1812 Royal Marines
          www.facebook.com\1812RoyalMarines

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 31, 2014

            Grand tactical?

            There seems to be some mis-communication regarding Jeff-Patt.  This years event is to commemorate the two Battles of St Leonards Creek which both occurred in June 1814.  (Thus the change from Sept to June.)

            Grand Tacticals (GT) were conceived by the 1812 community in order to have large events every year to which the 1812 community could aspire to attend.  The last GT in the south was held at Jeff-Patt in 2008.  It was decided to not have GTs during the bicentennial years, 2012-2015.

            We will have a lot of ground to play on at Jeff-Patt this year but not all that we had in 2008 and the focus will be on the bicentennial of the events that occurred in 1814.

            See you there!

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 31, 2014
              Then I stand corrected on that account. So, Leonard's Creek will be another large scale event?

              http://www.facebook.com/1812RoyalMarines