Re: [WarOf1812] etiquette at meals

  • ninety3rd@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2000
      There are good first hand accounts of messes and such in some books I recall
      as "The Subaltern Officer" by Cpt George Wood, "25 Years in the Rifle
      Brigade" by Surtees, "Retrospect of a Military Life" by James Anton, "Journal
      of the Waterloo Campaign" by Gen. Mercer, "A Guard's Office in the Peninsula"
      by John Rous (edited by Fletcher).
      All these I believe are still available in reprint.