Malcolm Mill

  • kellsvenningsen
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 7, 2014
      To All Re-enacters

      I would like to  announce that the Middlesex/Oxford/ Norfolk Militias has been asked to hoist the Battle of Malcolms Mill ( Last Shot Fired) that took place 200 years ago November 5th 1814, The South Brant Legion, South Brant Lions and Brant County have asked to  have  an all Militia event, to be held on June 28th due to field conditions/In November. We are looking  for re-enacters wishing to be part of this event. We are currently setting up meals, camp sites, transportation ,etc. Please e-mail me at Kellsvenningsen@... if you are interested in attending.
    • annwass2000
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 8, 2014
        I've mentioned this before, but it would be helpful if you told us more about WHERE your event is, so we don't have to Google it.

        Thanks.

        Ann Wass

        I would like to  announce that the Middlesex/Oxford/ Norfolk Militias has been asked to hoist the Battle of Malcolms Mill ( Last Shot Fired) that took place 200 years ago November 5th 1814, The South Brant Legion, South Brant Lions and Brant County have asked to  have  an all Militia event, to be held on June 28th due to field conditions/In November. We are looking  for re-enacters wishing to be part of this event. We are currently setting up meals, camp sites, transportation ,etc. Please e-mail me at Kellsvenningsen@... if you are interested in attending.
      • Jeffrey Bailey
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 8, 2014

          Hi Ann..When i get more info i will let you know but so far all i know is the date. I don't even know if my unit will be participating as of yet as we are US regulars. I just wanted to send this out to let  everyone know there will be a event in June....Jeffrey

          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 8, 2014
            When I said WHERE, I meant general geographic location--county/city--had to look it up to find out this was in Canada.

            Ann Wass

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 9, 2014

               Oakland is just alittle South of Brantford Ontario..

[...]

            • Ian Gardner
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 9, 2014
              • picike33
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 9, 2014
                  Hello I'm a blacksmith and did several 1812 event in a last couple of years. I have a period set up, and I can demonstrate all day. More than two years I also working for Black Creek Pioneer Village. Please if you interested let me know. I'm in Toronto. Best Regards: Tibor Gajdacs
                • Andrew
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 9, 2014

                    > When I said WHERE, I meant general geographic location--county/city--had
                    > to look it up to find out this was in Canada.

                    To be to the original poster, the brief does mention Brant Region and South Brant several times.

                    On Sunday, February 9, 2014 8:19:02 AM, "annbwass@..." <annbwass@...> wrote:

[...]

                  • Kell & Linda
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 9, 2014

                      On 2/9/2014 9:06 AM, picike33@... wrote:
                      ��

                      Hello I'm a blacksmith and did several 1812 event in a last couple of years. I have a period set up, and I can demonstrate all day. More than two years I also working for Black Creek Pioneer Village. Please if you interested let me know. I'm in Toronto. Best Regards: Tibor Gajdacs

                      Welcome Tibor
                      You could add to the event with your period skills. I will be sending out more information with details

                      Thanks Kell

                    • Kell & Linda
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 9, 2014

                        On 2/8/2014 10:37 AM, Jeffrey Bailey wrote:
                        ��

                        ���

                        Hi Ann..When i get more info i will let you know but so far all i know is the date. I don't even know if my unit will be participating as of yet as we are US regulars. I just wanted to send this out to let�� everyone know there will be a event in June....Jeffrey

                        Jeffery
                        It would be a our pleaser if you could be part of Malcolm's Mill, we have been asked by our sponser's to setup the event as an all Militia weekend, I hope you can arrange this with your unit.

                        Kell
                        ��
                        ��

                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 9, 2014
                          In the vicinity of Brantford, Ontario Ann.

                          Sue Too
                        • The Artifact
                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 9, 2014
                            On an Ontario map look for the village of Oakland.

                            On Sunday, February 9, 2014 3:30:47 PM, "saultcitysoo@..." <saultcitysoo@...> wrote:

                            In the vicinity of Brantford, Ontario Ann.

                            Sue Too

                          • seascoutleader
                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 10, 2014
                              Why is it only Militia?

                              McArthur reached Brant's Ford to find that the higher ground on the east bank of the ford was occupied by Major Adam Muir's 50 militia and 50 Haudenosaunee warriors.

                              Hunter
                              On-gwe-ho-way

                              --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, <kellsvenningsen@...> wrote:

                              > To All Re-enacters
                              > I would like to announce that the Middlesex/Oxford/ Norfolk Militias has been asked to hoist the Battle of Malcolms Mill ( Last Shot Fired) that took place 200 years ago November 5th 1814, The South Brant Legion, South Brant Lions and Brant County have asked to have an all Militia event, to be held on June 28th due to field conditions/In November. We are looking for re-enacters wishing to be part of this event. We are currently setting up meals, camp sites, transportation ,etc. Please e-mail me at Kellsvenningsen@... if you are interested in attending.

                            • glenn stott
                              Message 14 of 14 , Feb 10, 2014
                                The British regulars were on the east bank of the Grand.  The militia under Bostwick and Ryerson were the only ones who met the Americans on the West side of the Grand.  Sergeant Collins of the 41st was with the militia as a training officer.  He and a militiaman were butchered by the Americans.

                                glenn stott