Waterloo 2015 reminder

  • petemonahan
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2014

      Gentlemen

      A reminder that the North American Battalion being formed for the Waterloo 2015 trip needs to have confirmed numbers of soldiers on the field by June 1st, 2014.  As previously mentioned, the number of participants on the actual battlefields will be capped and we are under considerable pressure by the Big Battalions Project and the other organizers to provide firm numbers.

      We do not need names of individuals at this point but we would like numbers, as accurately as you can provide them.  Individual changes in the roster should not cause a problem but over or underestimates may.  In addition, both we and Ellison Travel would like to get an accurate estimate of the number of non-combatants accompanying the troops.

      We currently have commitments from the following units:

      1st Royal Scots Grenadier Company;

      1st Royal Scots Light Company;
      21st Regiment of Foot, 1st Battalion, 3rd Company
      41st Regiment of Foot
      49th Regiment of Foot
      89th Regiment of Foot
      Royal Newfoundland Regiment, Skinner’s Company
      York Militia
      Crown Forces Drums

      A number of other units, including the 42nd Highlanders, 95th Rifles and Royal North British Dragons will be brigaded with other units but may travel with the North American Battalion.

      Smaller units and individuals are welcome to make arrangements to serve with one of the named units and should contact those units directly.  Units which can parade 6 private soldiers and one NCO or officer are invited to contact the Committee to register.

      The current estimate of the cost of the trip is $2,076.00 - $2,499.00 based on double occupancy.  The range is largely a function of variations in current exchange rates and airline fuel prices and should stabilize closer to the event.  The extension tours are priced at $1790.00 and $1545.00.  Please encourage your members to register at: https://ettravel.com/waterloo200

      Please let me know as soon as is convenient any changes to your estimated numbers, both muskets and non-combatants.

       Your sincerely,

      Peter Monahan
      Waterloo 2015 Committee, North American Battalion

       petemonahan@...
      705-435-0953 home / 705-890-9953 cell