New Orleans 1815 Bus Trip from Ontario

  • royalscotstailor
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 10, 2014
      Hello all!
      For anyone from Ontario considering New Orleans 2015 , please be advised that my friend Michelle McKenney and I are beginning to work up a bus trip through Ellison Travel ( the same folks putting the Waterloo 2015 trip together ).

      details to follow but I just wanted to put word out early .

      We'd need 40 people to make it work, so please consider this idea.

      Kevin Garrett
      Sgt
      Royal Scots, Gren Coy
    • ROB
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 11, 2014
        Morning All

        Kevin.. can you remind me as to an approximate cost for this please? I think knowing that may help sway people towards this idea when they factor in all their own personal costs vs taking a bus. I remember the initial estimate seemed extremely reasonable but I cannot remember the figure given.

        Thanks to you and Michelle for organizing this.

        Cheers to all.

        Rob McGuire, Private
        1st R.O.F., Royal Scots, Grenadier Co.

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "royalscotstailor" <kevingarrett@...> wrote:

        > Hello all!
        > For anyone from Ontario considering New Orleans 2015 , please be advised that my friend Michelle McKenney and I are beginning to work up a bus trip through Ellison Travel ( the same folks putting the Waterloo 2015 trip together ).
        >
        > details to follow but I just wanted to put word out early .
        >
        > We'd need 40 people to make it work, so please consider this idea.
        >
        > Kevin Garrett
        > Sgt
        > Royal Scots, Gren Coy

      • royalscotstailor
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 11, 2014
          Rob, we're working on an itinerary and waiting for information but will advise cost estimates as soon as we can. One reason I thought of bus is the physical strain of driving 2500 km and then reenacting in southern climate...did it years ago and found it exhausting.

          Kevin

        • peregrine.lp@juno.com

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 11, 2014
              Hadn't considered that but it might be workable, depending on where we cross the border. If enough people show an interest we can see if it would be doable.

              Kevin
              --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "peregrine.lp@..." <peregrine.LP@...> wrote:

              > Are you considering making a stop across the border to pick up any folks in New York State?
              >
              > Leslie Ann
              > US 23rd

            • Rob Irvine
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 11, 2014
                New Orleans trip
                Check out US laws in regards to a Canadian bus picking up passengers in the US--May be a problem ??????
                Bob Irvine
                Hadn't considered that but it might be workable, depending on where we cross the border. If enough people show an interest we can see if it would be doable.

                Kevin
                --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "peregrine.lp@..." <peregrine.LP@...> wrote:

                > Are you considering making a stop across the border to pick up any folks in New York State?
                >
                > Leslie Ann
                > US 23rd

              • rogerheiple
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 13, 2014

                  If you cross at Windsor, there will be residence of Michigan & Ohio interested in joning you in Detroit or Toledo.  Maybe you could consider a stop at River Raisin National Battlefield in Monroe, MI?

                  Roger