Battle of the Thames- Thank you

  • Mark Dickerson
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 15, 2013

      I want to thank everybody that came and supported the Battle of the Thames 2013.  All your wonderful words and thanks have been great.  Without the re-enactors and merchants and all your efforts, 1812 events would not exist.

      I had a great committee to organize this event and they all put a ton of work in.  Most of them have never organized an 1812 event, but they did an excellent job.  I apologize if there were any problems or errors on our part, but thank you for your patience as we worked them out.  Being a ‘new’ event, we did not have the luxury of falling back on the past experience that other events have.

      As our thank you, the Battle of the Thames committee has made available pictures of the event.  We hired a professional photographer to take pictures throughout the weekend and at the Ball.

      Simply go to our website

      www.battleofthethames.ca

      and click on the ‘click here’ button to either view or download individual pictures  or you can download all of them in a ‘zip’ file. (1.4 Gb).  There are about 1053 pictures.  He tried to get everybody, so there should be a picture of you somewhere.

      These images are copyright free.  You may use them as you wish for personal or commercial use, future re-enactments, 1812 websites, etc.  If you feel like giving credit where credit is due, then the photographer is Florin Marksteiner of Productionmark.

      If you have trouble doing this, or know of anybody without computer access, then simply contact me.

      Once again, thank you to everybody.

      Mark Dickerson

    • Mark Dickerson

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 15, 2013

            Hi Mark,

            I know you will have had lots of accolades and pats on the back already but I just wanted to add ours.  My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at the event and congratulate you and your committee for a job very well done.  I am sure you will be aware of any problems that happened on the site but I know we didn’t see them, and everything seemed to go smoothly during the days on site.

            Thank you again for inviting me back to help narrate the battle – or for arranging the great weather!

            Kathryn