RE: Re: 1812 Battle of Queenston Heights film from 1950s-60s?

  • dananield
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 24, 2013

      Hi Folks,

      Thanks to Ian Gardner for some off-list assistance with my query. The film in question was “A Question of Identity: War of 1812” (1966)

      http://www.nfb.ca/film/ question_of_identity_war_1812

      Sean Dunnage's father was an ex-British Army Horse groomer who immigrated to Canada after the Second Great Unpleasantness. He was contacted by the NFB for the production, and supplied them with horses. He also trained some of the actors who had never been on horse, including the man who took the role of Brock, and took on a non-speaking role as Brocks aide.

      With Ian's help, Sean was able to find a copy of the film and scenes that his father, who passed away last year, was featured in.  Thanks to Ian, and this list, which it seems I've been lurking on for the better part of 10 years!

      Cheers!

      Dana