Battle of the Thames

  • Mark Dickerson
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 3, 2013
      Please continue to send in your registrations to the Battle of the Thames.
      You can either go to the website and download the form, or use the
      attachment at the end of this email.

      There are only about 30 free dance tickets left and they are going fast.
      After they are gone, then it will be $30 to attend the dance. Supper
      tickets cost $55. Contact me and I will let you know how to pay.

      Once again, Friday is Ed Day. You are welcome to attend and set up on
      Thursday. Please do not arrive and try to set up between 8 and 4 on Friday.

      Mark Dickerson

      Last name: ____________________ First name: _______________

      Address: ________________

      _______________

      _________________

      _________________

      Phone: _______________ Email: ___________

      Please list all minors that are 15 or younger that will accompany you.

      ________________________ ____________________________

      ________________________ ____________________________

      Are you with: Native___ British______ American _______

      Are you a combatant? Yes_____ No______

      Unit: _______________________

      Tent type: period________ modern __________

      Do you wish to attend the Ball at the Forks on Saturday night? Yes__ No__

      Supper, dance & late buffet: $55

      Dance & late buffet only $30 __

      (Note: the first 100 to register, will receive free dance tickets. )

      I agree to be a volunteer of Heritage Days(registered Canadian Charity) for
      the duration of the Battle of the Thames-2013 event, Oct 4th-Oct 6th, 2013.

      Signed ________________________________ Date:
      _________________________

      Adult sign if 16 or 17 years old: _________________________________________

      Email this form to: registration@...

      Or mail to: Battle of the Thames, 1032 Dufferin Ave, Wallaceburg, Ontario,
      N8A 2V8

    • Mark Dickerson
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 17, 2013

        More updates for the Battle of the Thames.

        Registration: STILL open!  Go to www.battleofthethames.ca and click on “re-enactor registration” not the pop up window

                        Sign your form onsite when you arrive.

        Location: 14376 Longwoods Road, Thamesville, Ontario

        Thursday Oct 3rd: set up allowed after 12 noon

        Friday Oct 4th: Education Day- roads are closed from 8AM to 4PM and no vehicles or set up allowed on site

        Saturday Oct 5th: Battle Day- camp opens 10AM, morning British battalion Drill, noon troops depart for retreat along the Thames, 2:30 battle, camp closes at 5PM, supper guests           depart for Ball at the Forkes in Chatham.  Tickets are still available for the supper and/ or the dance

        Sunday Oct 6th- NO PUBLIC-morning memorial service, afternoon countryside battle covering forest, swamp, open fields (400 acres), depart for home, any time after 12 noon.

        Food:  breakfast available for purchase/

                        Supplied food: onions, potatoes, carrots, bread, peppers, and ½ lb stewing beef/ available starting Friday

        Firepits: allowed and wood supplied

        Straw: not supplied

        Direct questions to me,

        Mark Dickerson

        president@...

      • tom4141fournier
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 7, 2013

          I would like to send out congratulations and a hearty thank you to the organizing committee for the Battle of the Thames on behalf of the 41st Regiment.

          While we were not pleased with the role we had to play, we also realize that you cannot change history!

          It really appeared that this had all the hallmarks of exceptional organization.  The massive crowd on Saturday was a testament to that!

          How fortunate that the weather held for Friday and Saturday and another example of the foresight of the committee was to have the fields planted with ground cover for the season so that even with the rain yesterday, everyone was able to get their vehicles in and out with ease.

          I cannot begin to imagine how many hours went into organizing and running this event.  Congratulations on a great outcome we really appreciate your hard work.

          Your most humble and obedient Servant,

          Tom Fournier, Captain

          41st Regiment of Foot