Re: 1812 Battle of the Thames- Oct 5th

  • Charles Fitton
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 30, 2013
      Ropes and Pulleys...

      Howdy Mark...

      I'm looking forward to this event Ropes are being piled, equipment is being overhauled and rebuilt as we speak.

    • ucmilitiagreen
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 3 10:30 AM
        Good afternoon Mark,   I was wondering if you can tell us what the raw food the site is providing will be and how much of it will be provided and when? That way we can plan for proper storage and preparation.

        Thank you for your time,                                        Raiffe Sculthorp [Private, 104th Rgt of Foot].

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, <warof1812@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        This email is intended to relay more information about the Battle of the

        Thames this coming Oct 5th week end.

        It is located at 14376 Longwoods Road, near Thamesville, Ontario. It is on

        the original battle site and Tecumseh Monument.

        It is NOT located in Thamesville.

        It is NOT located in a bush or a forest. It is on a farmer's field along

        the Thames river with forest on the river bank.

        WE will have approximately 100 porta potties onsite. You will NOT run out

        however there are no permanent washroom buildings on site.

        Re-enactors and merchants DO NOT repeat DO NOT have to be off site by 10 AM

        on Sunday morning. I don't know where that rumour started, but I am

        officially crushing it immediately.

        Public are not onsite on Sunday, but we will hold a memorial service.

        Fairfield museum down the road is going to have more itinerary on Sunday

        with dedications and church services, all open to the public. We will have

        a re-enactors only battle on Sunday. You can take down your tent anytime

        after lunch on Sunday.

        We are provided raw food to cook.

        We already have 2500 kids registered for Friday and we are hoping for 1000s

        more.

        The website does have all this information on the Participants Information

        page in a Word document.

        The first 100 re-enactors who register for the dance will receive free

        tickets. If you want the supper as well, cost is $55. WE ARE providing

        free bussing to the supper and dance.

        If you have questions or hear of questionable rumours, them please contact

        me immediately! I will send out more info in additional email as I know

        re-enactors do not real long emails.

        Mark Dickerson

      • Mark Dickerson
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 3 1:51 PM
          Hello,

          We are providing stewing beef, peppers, onions, bread, carrots, and probably rice. I am also trying to get some potatoes and butter.

          Everything will be delivered on Friday. The vegetables can be picked up anytime. The meat will be kept in a cooler until you want to get it.

          Mark

          Subject: 1812 RE: Battle of the Thames- Oct 5th

          I was wondering if you can tell us what the raw food the site is providing will be and how much of it will be provided and when? That way we can plan for proper storage and preparation.

        • Kevin Windsor
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 3 5:36 PM
            Is this for one meal?

            Kevin