200th Anniversary of Rock Harbor landing Cape Cod Mass.

  • Douglas Butler
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 26, 2013
      The Yarmouth Minutemen and the town of Orleans Mass on Cape Cod are interested in recreating the British landing at Rock Harbor in Orleans in 1814 and their attempt to extract ransom for the town's salt works. To note the (approximate) 200th anniversary of the landing we are looking for a few dozen reenactors each for the local militia and the British marines, and a few 1812 style boats for the weekend of August 15 to 17, 2014.

      The actual landing occurred in December and was repelled at the beach, but we are hoping for a successful landing, a short march to the town green, and a skirmish with the local militia.

      Anyone interested in helping with this endeavor is asked to contact the Yarmouth Minutemen at ymm1774@....

      YHS
      Doug Butler
      Yarmouth Minutemen
    • Ed Seufert
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 26, 2013
        Doug,

        We portray Royal Marines in the Mid-Atlantic area and as much as we'd love
        to come to your event, the following four weekends are taken up with events
        around here. Wouldn't dare at a fifth to the schedule! Any chance of
        moving the event to the end of September/beginning of October?

        Cheers,

        Ed Seufert, Sgt
        1812 Royal Marines
        www.facebook.com\1812RoyalMarines
        > The Yarmouth Minutemen and the town of Orleans Mass on Cape Cod are
        > interested in recreating the British landing at Rock Harbor in Orleans in
        > 1814 and their attempt to extract ransom for the town's salt works. To
        > note the (approximate) 200th anniversary of the landing we are looking for
        > a few dozen reenactors each for the local militia and the British marines,
        > and a few 1812 style boats for the weekend of August 15 to 17, 2014.
        >
        > The actual landing occurred in December and was repelled at the beach, but
        > we are hoping for a successful landing, a short march to the town green,
        > and a skirmish with the local militia.
        >
        > Anyone interested in helping with this endeavor is asked to contact the
        > Yarmouth Minutemen at ymm1774@....
        >
        > YHS
        > Doug Butler
        > Yarmouth Minutemen

      • Douglas Butler
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 27, 2013
          The date may be somewhat flexible, but the town will want it to be before school starts in early September. Would earlier in August help?

          Doug