NOV 11,2013 CRYSLER'S FARM

  • fmg1812
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2013
      NOW THAT LIFE HAS RETURNED TO NORMAL FOR THE FRIENDS OF CRYSLER'S FARM I WOUILD LIKE TO OFFER A LATE BUT SINCERE THANK YOU TO THOSE THAT HELPED MAKE THE EVENT ON JULY 13/14 A HUGE SUCESS ON A VERY WARM WEEKEND.THANK YOU PETER TWIST, PETER MONAHAN, SUSAN SPENCER,TOM HURLBUT AND OF COURSE THE SOLDIERS,TINKERS,SAILORS AND EVEN THE HORSEY SET FOR THEIR EFFORTS. WE HAD OVER 6000 SPECTATORS,19 FIELD PIECES AND JUST UNDER 900 MEAL TICKETS WERE ISSUED FOR THE EVENT.

      The event on Monday Nov 11th., 2013 at Crysler's is just a sombre 200th. Annv. service-NOT a re-enactment.
      We are busing in the local grade 7-8 kids and having a guest speaker along with a short service at the monuement at 1:00 PM on Nov 11th. Re-enacters are welcome (some have already voiced their wish to be there ) and of course as well as the public.

      Thanks again to all that made the trek to the far east (ern Ontario).

      Bob Irvine
      for "the Friends"