Battle of the Thames- Oct 5th

  • Mark Dickerson
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 19 10:15 PM
      This email is intended to relay more information about the Battle of the
      Thames this coming Oct 5th week end.

      It is located at 14376 Longwoods Road, near Thamesville, Ontario. It is on
      the original battle site and Tecumseh Monument.

      It is NOT located in Thamesville.

      It is NOT located in a bush or a forest. It is on a farmer's field along
      the Thames river with forest on the river bank.

      WE will have approximately 100 porta potties onsite. You will NOT run out
      however there are no permanent washroom buildings on site.

      Re-enactors and merchants DO NOT repeat DO NOT have to be off site by 10 AM
      on Sunday morning. I don't know where that rumour started, but I am
      officially crushing it immediately.

      Public are not onsite on Sunday, but we will hold a memorial service.
      Fairfield museum down the road is going to have more itinerary on Sunday
      with dedications and church services, all open to the public. We will have
      a re-enactors only battle on Sunday. You can take down your tent anytime
      after lunch on Sunday.

      We are provided raw food to cook.

      We already have 2500 kids registered for Friday and we are hoping for 1000s
      more.

      The website does have all this information on the Participants Information
      page in a Word document.

      The first 100 re-enactors who register for the dance will receive free
      tickets. If you want the supper as well, cost is $55. WE ARE providing
      free bussing to the supper and dance.

      If you have questions or hear of questionable rumours, them please contact
      me immediately! I will send out more info in additional email as I know
      re-enactors do not real long emails.

      Mark Dickerson

    • Andre Reed
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 20 12:19 PM
        Mark what is the web site my unit would like to register.
        Andre

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 21 2:22 AM
          www.battleofthethames.ca

          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Andre Reed <reedandre57@...> wrote:

          > Mark what is the web site my unit would like to register.
          > Andre
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Mark Dickerson
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 21 8:58 AM
            Hello, the website is: www.battleofthethames.ca

            A quick google search for battle of the thames should bring our website up as well.

            Mark Dickerson

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 30 6:29 AM
              Ropes and Pulleys...

              Howdy Mark...

              I'm looking forward to this event Ropes are being piled, equipment is being overhauled and rebuilt as we speak.

            • ucmilitiagreen

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 3, 2013
                  Hello,

                  We are providing stewing beef, peppers, onions, bread, carrots, and probably rice. I am also trying to get some potatoes and butter.

                  Everything will be delivered on Friday. The vegetables can be picked up anytime. The meat will be kept in a cooler until you want to get it.

                  Mark

                  Subject: 1812 RE: Battle of the Thames- Oct 5th

                  I was wondering if you can tell us what the raw food the site is providing will be and how much of it will be provided and when? That way we can plan for proper storage and preparation.

                • Kevin Windsor
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 3, 2013
                    Is this for one meal?

                    Kevin