RE: 1812 New Book

  • Ray Hobbs
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 15, 2013
      Ann: There are some contemporary engravings from the first decade of the century, and a little before. It is surprising to me how varied the men's clothing is, and fascinating to see a bricklayer on a wooden scaffold laying bricks wearing an overcoat, hat and trousers. There is also an old man in a bookstore wearing clothes which come from forty years before the engraving. The clerk is wearing time-appropriate dress. Lots of goodies in the book.Ray

      To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      From: annbwass@...
      Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 11:15:16 -0400
      Subject: Re: 1812 New Book

      Sounds like a treat. Hope the fashion section is accurate--amazing how often writers don't get that right.

      Ann Wass

      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 15, 2013
        Do you know if this book is available in theUK?

        With Regards

        Mark

        ________________________________

        To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
        From: annbwass@...
        Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 11:15:16 -0400

      • john.matthew@rogers.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 15, 2013
          It is available at Amazon.co.uk:
          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eavesdropping-Jane-Austen%C2%92s-England-ancestors/dp/1408703963/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376615053&sr=8-1&keywords=Jane+Austen%27s+England

          John Matthew IV

          ________________________________
          Do you know if this book is available in theUK?

          With Regards

          Mark

        • JOHN GREIG
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 16, 2013
             The book is available at amazon.uk   I bought one yesterday.
            .
            John Greig

            Northamptonshire.  UK

            To: mailto:WarOf1812%40yahoogroups.com
            From: mailto:annbwass%40aol.com
            Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 11:15:16 -0400

            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 16, 2013
              Many thanks I have already spotted one there! Might try Waterstones first.

              With Regards

              Mark

              To: mailto:WarOf1812%40yahoogroups.com
              From: mailto:annbwass%40aol.com