27th Annual Siege of Fort Erie

  • oldforterie
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2013
      Dear Friends,

      Well, yet another Siege has come and gone, and again we are overwhelmed by the amount of support we received from all of you. THANK YOU!!!! We can't say it enough!

      Special thanks to Sioux Spencer, Richard Feltoe, Peter Monahan (despite being unable to attend... We hope you feel better!), Steve Hartwick, Peter Twist, Craig Williams, and Ollie Claffey for getting the camps set up. They looked great! We know there were some changes this year in how they were set up, but hopefully we've managed to find extra space for the increased numbers we hope to get next year! Thank you to the militia camp for your patience with the change in location!

      Thank you as well to everyone that helped out with our Lantern Tours. We had some really great feedback from them! This tour really pays for the whole weekend, and all of the added help when get from you makes it simply amazing.

      Thank you also to all of our field commanders. Betsy, Rob, Marty, Peter, Craig... the battles looked awesome! We got so many compliments! We appreciate everything you do for us.

      And I think we can all say a big THANK YOU to Mother Nature!! How unusual for everyone to have dry canvas to pack up after the Siege weekend! The weather really was the perfect addition to a fantastic weekend!

      Thank you all again for everything. We are SO lucky to have such an amazing group of re-enactors that help put on this event! I can't wait to see you all again next year as we commemorate the 200th Anniversary of the Siege of Fort Erie!!

      With much gratitude,
      Heather Gorman
      Manager: Old Fort Erie