Fort Stephenson

  • tom4141fournier
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2013
      While the majority of our community's attention was on Sacket's Harbour, there was another event this past weekend in Fremont, Ohio where the Battle of Fort Stephenson was commemorated.

      During the original assault, out of an attacking force of just over 300 men, the 41st Regiment suffered 100+ casualties (killed, wounded, captured) with 31 deaths.

      It was important for us to be there.

      An 1812 reenactment was a first time event for this community. Some of the elements may have been a little outside of what we were used to and many of the reenactors were not familiar faces but it was still a very enjoyable weekend.

      The people of this community were extremely gracious and welcoming.

      The tacticals were run more as a theatrical production but we still had an opportunity to represent those dramatic events from 20 years ago before a massive public audience.

      Congratulations and thank you to the Fort Stephenson Bicentennial Commission on an outstanding weekend.

      Your most humble and obedient Servant,

      Tom Fournier, Captain
      41st Regiment of Foot
    • gary beauregard
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5, 2013
        It's truly unfortunate when these events happen on the same weekends.