ONE WEEK UNTIL THE SIEGE!

  • oldforterie
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2013
      Hi All,

      We are now only ONE WEEK AWAY from the 27th annual SIEGE OF FORT ERIE RE-ENACTMENT! (Where has the summer gone?!)

      Just a few last minute reminders....
      1) Registration is STILL OPEN so you still have time if your group hasn't registered yet
      2) The Militia camp is MOVING across Lakeshore Rd. We are so thrilled to have so many re-enactors attending our event and we hope this will alleviate some of the congestion in the camp. Artillery will remain where they were last year. I understand this may sound confusing, but we will have the camp outlined ahead of time and Daryl will point you in the right direction when you register.
      3) Re-Enactors and merchants will have their very own parking lot on the Lakeshore Rd. Lakeshore will be closed for safety reasons. You can still access your car throughout the weekend. We want to keep the main parking lot at the Welcome Centre open for the visitors who come to the site.

      Lastly, a lot of you have been asking about a Chippawa/Lundy's Lane event for next year. There WILL be a reenactment, but we're still working on the details. Once we get through next weekend, Jim will post something in regards to Chippawa and what you can expect for 2014.

      Thank you SO much to everyone coming next weekend and for your continued support over the years. We are so grateful to all of you and everything you do to support Fort Erie. None of this is possible without you, and we hope you all have a wonderful time this year!!

      Looking forward to seeing you!

      Heather Gorman
      Manager: Old Fort Erie
      hgorman@...