Re: 1812 Yellow Mounted Saber

  • gary beauregard
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 14, 2013
      If you are a sergeant, you carry the 1808 Rose. If you are an officer you carry saber with yellow furniture.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 14, 2013
        Kyle,

        I'd say the two available choices for a period saber are a Nathan Starr pattern cavalry saber, ca. 1812, which is reproduced by Gary Beauregard of US Sword and Uniform, or the Pattern 1796 (British) Light Cavalry saber from the Discriminating General. You might also consider the American War of 1812 Eagle Headed Ivory Grip sword produced by the Discriminating General.

        Andrew German