Yellow Mounted Saber

  • Kyle
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 14 12:29 PM
      I am serving with the 1st US Rifle Regiment, and would be interested to find a saber that has a yellow handle.

      I have two officers telling me that I should look for a saber over the 1808 Rose Pattern Sword which the infantry Nco carries, and I have one officer and another sgt. stating the Rose Pattern is what I should carry.

      Would anyone be able to point me in a direction to find the saber please?
    • gary beauregard
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 14 5:10 PM
        If you are a sergeant, you carry the 1808 Rose. If you are an officer you carry saber with yellow furniture.

        I am serving with the 1st US Rifle Regiment, and would be interested to find a saber that has a yellow handle.

        I have two officers telling me that I should look for a saber over the 1808 Rose Pattern Sword which the infantry Nco carries, and I have one officer and another sgt. stating the Rose Pattern is what I should carry.

        Would anyone be able to point me in a direction to find the saber please?

      • Andrew German
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 14 5:19 PM
          Kyle,

          I'd say the two available choices for a period saber are a Nathan Starr pattern cavalry saber, ca. 1812, which is reproduced by Gary Beauregard of US Sword and Uniform, or the Pattern 1796 (British) Light Cavalry saber from the Discriminating General. You might also consider the American War of 1812 Eagle Headed Ivory Grip sword produced by the Discriminating General.

          Andrew German