Congratulations on a wonderful eventþ

  • shayna121
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2013
      I have been asked to post the following.

      Chris McKay

      To all who attended the Battle of York

      I would like to extend my sincere thanks to everyone who participated in the event at Fort York last weekend. You all did a terrific job and proved the widespread appeal that living history has for the public. Thousands of visitors enthusiastically voiced their appreciation at every opportunity. We are all lucky to be able to be a part of these bicentennial commemorations. I, for one, don't expect to be around for the tricentennial, so I'm going to enjoy this to the fullest extent.

      I would also like to thank the staff at Fort York, particularly Kevin Hebib, Richard Haynes and Ewan Wardle. Every one of the staff worked their butts off and we were the beneficiaries. The logistics were great. We had the best food ever, a great sound system for the public, good security and lots of conveniences.

      This event continued the trend of excellence that we have enjoyed in the 200th anniversary commemorations. Again, my thanks to all for making it a joy.

      Peter